Wednesday, March 14, 2012

French!!


 French line infantry From airfix, thes figures had been sitting in a pag waiting to be painted for near 30 years

I had mentioned in the last post that i had gotten a chance to paint some new stuff up and i started with French line infantry, for some reason these airfix figures stand out to me above all others when thinking about french line, a telaport to my childhood.



 The next french unit i painted was the horse grenadiers, i only painted half the regiment so far but they were really great to paint

 some custom work cutting off some swords a modeling the braiding and horn



i will say that i had really never been a fan of the 1/72 scale plastics but these really painted up quite well and really makes me think about getting alot more because the prices are so reasonable at 7.50 for a box of 12 cavalry.
tomorrow i will post some photos of the British i have started an am working on my desk along with some really cool flags that i made, i usually get all my flags through the flag guy but with the economy being what it is i have a hard time spending so much on flags when i cant afford the figures, not to take away from rick over at flag dude you pay what you get in return the best flags out there!

sneek peek!!









 Flags i made on the left, new British Below

2 comments:

  1. Some really lovely work there Pat. I love the Airfix French line. My first Napoleonic fig's ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they were my first as well thats why they were the first for me to paint

    ReplyDelete