Sunday, September 8, 2013

The last month or so

Man what a busy month so far, with school starting and work my painting chair has been empty lately.  I have managed to finish a few projects. I started with finishing up the generals for my new 15mm Union division and I am very happy with then. I really didn't have the time to start anything new so I picked some of the figures that my dad painted back in the 70s and did some restore work on them. This us the 79th highlanders, u had to do considerable work on these, I started by washing the whole figures original paint job and then going pack through and repainting all of the chipped areas, this took much less time than I was planning and was surprised with the out come, I made some flags for the unit and based them up. W8th how little time this took and with the outcome of the figures I decided to do the same with two British cavalry regiments, I painted the 1st life guards and house hold guards when I was about the 17 and the have sat in a bag ever since, following the same procedure I used with highlanders I got these done in about a week. I couldn't find any guidons for these guys but its really no big deal. I really forgot how much I liked these old Revell figures,  there are not a lot of awesome sets of figures in this scale but I feel that this is one of them. Around the time that I originally painted these I also painted some Prussian dragoons from Hat, I think bringing these figures back to life will be my next project.

3 comments:

  1. Great work there Pat. Really like the look of the old Airfix Highlanders, beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Roger, i think they came out ok considering their original paint job was done in the mi 80s

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerala Board Exam Question Paper 2022 Kerala 12th Model Paper, About Kerala Board Examination 2022, Check Kerala board Exam New Sample Paper 2022 for 12TH Exam. Kerala HSC Model Paper 2022 Consistently The KBHSE Kerala Board of Higher Secondary Education conducts Board test for HSE Secondary School Leaving Certificate/12th class and Higher Secondary Second Year Standard 12th class. It is a mindful power to give well-rounded schooling to all tutoring students of Kerala State Here we are giving data forthcoming scholarly year of 2022.

    ReplyDelete